Bridgestone provides $25K just for Teens exactly who 'Drive Smart'
Amateur videographers or individuals with a inspiring side as well as access to your camera are actually invited to the seventh annual Bridgestone Teens Get Smart Video Contest. The actual grand prizewinner will take residence a cool $25, 000 scholarships and have her / his video established on environment across the country as a public service plan announcement just for Bridgestone Unites states.
The point within the contest is definitely driver essential safety, and the requirements aren't also tough. Merely put together a 25- OR 55-second training video on several aspect of car or truck or generating safety. To illustrate
- Safety belt practices,
- Tire monetary inflation,
- Avoiding interruptions while travelling (like hand held phones and texting), or
- Travelling defensively
Local car owners can take just a few cues from Fairfax County Police 'Youthful Driver Program' or the assets provided in the Montgomery County Teen Travelling Safetywebsite. Forget about running check out final year's succeeding videos with regard to ideas or perhaps recent Inside Dateline segment in teen drinking and traveling (you plus your parents ought to probably understand this anyway).
Once you've strike on a subject matter, think about the most effective way to present it— say like a story out of experience or even a music video clip or a showing. Then shoot— a video naturally!
You'll need to develop an entirely very simple combination form after which upload your individual video into the Bridgestone internet site by means of no afterwards than May 20, 2013. Judges will narrow down the main entries, and then the top 10 video will be published for client voting coming from July 14 to 28.
All of the the best 10 filmmakers could at least succeed a set of new tires, with $25, 000 going to the Awesome Prize champion. Second and also third destination winners should be sent $15, 000 and $10,50, 000 respectively. This is significant money in addition to substantially greater from past years.
The tournament is available to legal lasting residents belonging to the 50 claims and the Region of Columbia or Quebec, matures 16 with 21 . Entries must have a really valid license and be enrolled as daily students in a accredited second, college stage, or deal school.
You won't crib an individual's work, and do not bother to increase anything incongruous. And spend VERY close focus on the time technical specs because video clips that no longer conform will be automatically disqualified.
News through the 2013 College or university Reception Enterprise
Many colleges along with universities struck the road earnings season to begin a new recruitment progression that actually gets into full motion in the come.
Short of actually visiting your campus, these presentations present opportunities for you to get basic the specifics of a school plus make yourself able to area officials.
Although these sessions tend to be open to the general public, it's generally a good idea to pre-register if the opportunity is offered. Otherwise, how are the guys and gals running the presentation going to know how many flip-up chairs to build?
The following are examples of the more popular spg events:
- Exploring College or university Options: That is the special crew recruiting program provided by the basic admissions office spaces of Duke, Georgetown, Harvard, the School of Missouri, and Stanford. The excursion has a few stops on the DC vicinity, with the 1st scheduled with regard to Monday, Could possibly 20th, in the Bethesda South Marriott Lodging & Getting together with Center, for 7: one month p. meters. Two additional sessions are going to be held regarding May21st for the Tysons Area Marriott, as well as Wednesday, Could possibly 22 nd at the Hyatt Regency New york on Polish capitol Hill.
- Colleges That Change Lives: This year, CTCL will look at the Washington DC area with Sunday, May well 19, in the Marriott Bethesda North Motel and Conference Center, for 1: 00 pm. Just about every program begins with a 30-minute information session followed right away by the university fair.
- The very Claremont Organisations: The Claremont Colleges (Harvey Mudd, Claremont McKenna, Pitzer, Pomona together with Scripps Colleges) will hold a local info session a prior weekend not too long ago, May eighteen, from two to some p. t., at the Pooks Hill Bethesda Marriott.
- Discovering Educational Brilliance: Join Darkish, Chicago, Columbia, Cornell, and also Rice for any information procedure targeted to probable students as well as families. Sessions include a review of each organization, information on admissions and school funding, as well as a possible opportunity to speak privately, in private with admission representatives.
- almost 8 of the Best Institutions: Claremont McKenna, Colorado College or university, Connecticut Higher education, Grinnell, Haverford, Kenyon, Macalester, and Dorothy Lawrence invite students and families to these 8 nationally established liberal patte colleges. Some programs stay for the season.
- Coast so that you can Coast Excursion: Dartmouth, Northwestern, Princeton, UC Berkeley, in addition to Vanderbilt go to nine towns and cities in six states. The main evening is known for a brief information session around each college and time for it to interact with university admissions representatives within a college reasonable format. The main tour arrives to the DC area on May 23 rd .
- online essay paper help Boston College or university: This info program should provide probable students by having an 'Eagle Guide. '
- Carnegie Mellon School: Admissions expert will present holistic information treatment to pupils who could be in the early stages of the college research. You can store now for the event booked for Friday, June 3, at the Bethesda Marriott Motel.
- Northwestern Or even: In addition to the Coastline to Coastline Tour (see above), some other sessions usually are open to trainees and their families in other places of the nation. Northwestern trip with Dartmouth, Princeton, Vanderbilt and UV A to So. california in June 2013.
- Typically the University about North Carolina during Greensboro: A pair of "First Look" sessions shall be held in the very DC spot. The first will administer place on Can 29, with Rockville, and also the second is normally scheduled for May 21 years old, at the Tysons Corner Marriott. Online registration will require that you open any SpartanLinkaccount.